Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 8 of the 30 Day Challenge

Day #8: Bands/Artists you have seen live

Todays post is an easy one for me considering I have only seen one (boy) band live. I know I am only 27 but going back to when I was 14 years old seems like a long time ago. When I was 14 my godmother, Sherry, took me to see The Backstreet Boys. I was so obsessed with that group. T-shirts, watches, posters, and CDs. You name it I had it as long as it had their picture on it lol. I will never forget the day Sherry called and told me she got tickets. I could hardly believe it. I was super excited.

I remember counting down the days until the concert. The drive to Los Angeles seemed to take forever. When we got to Los Angeles we went to a little restaurant and had dinner. It was nice but I was so excited I could hardly eat. I just wanted to get to the concert and get in our seats. When we finally got there it was crazy. There were so many girls with posters, security everywhere, and a lot of noise. It was a bit overwhelming. My godmother bought me a program and a t-shirt and we finally got to our seats.

The opening acts were a guy group with 3 members, that I can't remember the name of and Mandy Moore. I loved her right away. She wasn't really big yet but I remember her. Then The Backstreet Boys came out and it was awesome!!!! I had so much fun. I screamed until my head hurt, sang my lungs out, and had the time of my life. It was a great night. Now that I look back on it I realize it was one of the nicest things someone has done for me. My godmother did a lot of nice things for me and I am grateful for that and for her.

Have you been to any concerts? What was your first concert? Which has been your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. Desiree,
    This post really touches my heart this morning. What a wonderful Godmother. Oh my!! Not only did she take you to a concert that she knew you would "love," she took the time to make the plans-get the tickets, take the long drive with you to L.A. and give you a memory of a lifetime!! WOW!!! How wonderful that you wrote about this experience and expressed your gratitude for her gift that will last forever in your heart!!! So Wonderful!!!

    The only concerts that I have attended were: Cher, Bette Midler and Pat Benatar! They were all great!!

    Thanks for sharing your experience!!! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im am glad to see that you enjoyed my post Gena. Cher was one of my godmothers favorites! I remember singing Cher songs with her!!
      Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. What a fun night!! I have been to a lot of concerts in my time and every single one was just as electric as what you described!

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cant wait to go to more concerts!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog Kathy.

      Delete