Thursday, July 18, 2013

Day 5 of the 30 Day Challenge

Day #5: A Picture of somewhere you've been to.

I've been to quite a few places locally. So I thought that writing about one of those places would be best. One of the first places I thought of writing about was Venice Beach, Ca.  
 

The beach is beautiful and this picture doesn't really do it much justice. I went in March so I didn't spend much time at the beach itself, but that is one of the best parts of Venice. What I mean by that is there are so many other interesting things about Venice. There is a freak show that was fun. Not as freaky as I would of thought but it was fun. When I went it was $5 a person to get in and we saw some really neat things. We saw animals with two heads, a guy who swallowed swords, and a contortionist.


Here is a two headed lizard we saw. This little guy was really neat. It was almost like he had two sets of lungs. I also thought his coloring was pretty.

 
This is the two headed turtle outside the freak show. This is the way they lure you in lol.


The sword swallower kind of freaked me out. He started with balloons then moved to the sword. He was also a bit comedic which eased the tension.  After watching him and the contortionist preform, which lasted about 10 minutes, we were able to move to the other area of the show and check out the animals and some alien related things. It was a neat show for only $5. I say give it a try.

My favorite thing about Venice Beach is the people watching. There are so many people there. As you walk Venice there are shops on one side of you and people with stalls, shows, making things, dancing, drawing, singing, you name it people are doing it. To see so many personalities in one place is great. People display all kinds of talents. They don't really ask for anything but are always accepting donations for their talents.
 

I also thought these were amazing. Someone must of spent a lot of time making these. This is just one of many characters made from what looked to be spare parts. They ranged in size from huge like the one in the picture and as small as a baby doll. At any size they were too expensive for my taste.
 

The one thing about Venice that I didn't like at all was the restrooms. They were far apart and on top of that they were absolutely disgusting.  

It isn't a glamorous place or an upscale beach but it was interesting and fun and I would definitely go again. Have you ever been to Venice or to a place that is great for people watching?

4 comments:

  1. I have never been to Venice Beach, though my brother really liked living there. Thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if you get a chance please check it out!

      Delete
  2. It's been years since I went to Venice Beach and clearly it's changed tremendously! I don't recall the stalls or the freak show, just the guys showing off their muscles (hence the old nickname "Muscle Beach").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that they still have muscle beach, but am not 100% sure.

      Delete